If a Travel Assistant or Travel Client needs to cancel a trip request that has already been confirmed by both parties, it is their responsibility to notify the other party as soon as possible so that alternate travel plans may be examined to avoid disrupting the trip.
At times, certain circumstances outside of a Travel Assistant’s or Travel Client’s control can impact their ability to meet the terms of a confirmed Trip Request.
If Trip Trustees determines that a Travel Client’s reason for cancellation falls within Trip Trustees’ Extenuating Circumstances Policy, Trip Trustees reserves the right to make refund decisions.
If Trip Trustees determines that a Travel Assistant’s reason for cancellation falls within Trip Trustees’ Extenuating Circumstances policy, Trip Trustees reserves the right to waive the Travel Assistant cancellation penalties outlined in our Cancellations and Refund policy.
Valid Extenuating Circumstances include:
What might be covered:
* Death or serious illness of a Travel Assistant, Travel Client or immediate family member
* Serious injury that directly restricts a Travel Client’s ability to travel or a Travel Assistant’s ability to provide Travel Facilitator Services.
* Significant natural disasters or severe weather incidents impacting the departure, route or destination.
* Urgent travel restrictions or severe security advisories issued by an appropriate national or international authority (such as a government office or department).
* Endemic disease declared by a credible national or international authority (such as the US Center for Disease Control or the World Health Organization)
* Government-mandated obligations issued after the time of confirming a Trip Request (ex: jury duty)
If you need to make a claim:
Claims can only be considered after a reservation has been canceled. Once you have informed your Travel Assistant or Travel Client and canceled a confirmed Trip Request, if you feel that your reason for cancelling is covered by Trip Trustees’ Extenuating Circumstances Policy, contact Trip Trustees for consideration.
Whether an extenuating circumstance for a cancellation exists is determined solely by Trip Trustees, and may require supporting documentation to be submitted by the Member involved.
We generally require claims to be submitted no later than 24 hours after the trip’s scheduled completion date.
If you have any questions about these Terms please contact Trip Trustees.
2355 Centerville Road #12461
Tallahassee, FL 32308-9998